Buy Used Violins, Violas, Cellos, & Bows
Consignment and trade-in stringed instruments & equipment for sale
Find tremendous deals on violins, violas, cellos, and bows that customers have consigned or traded in for higher level instruments. This often provides two advantages to the instrumentalist: 1) The instrument is already broken in to some degree, tonally more open and rich than when new, and 2) The instrument is offered at a price that is often less than the price of a new instrument. If you are interested in any product here, act fast, as they often go quickly! Be sure to sign up for our mailing list to receive information about trade-in, consignment instruments and other used instruments that we don't show on the website - sort of a secret list! :) Click here to read more.
The Benefits of Buying Secondhand Instruments
Learning a new instrument or upgrading your setup is something you can do at any age. Pre-owned instruments are a great way to get the most for your money if music becomes your passion later in life or if it has been a few years since you last performed. StringWorks will help you decide on the secondhand instrument that is right for your applications.
Whether you are purchasing for yourself or for a family member, there are numerous advantages to buying a secondhand instrument:
- Affordable price tags: Get a like-new violin, viola or cello that might otherwise be out of your target price range, especially if you don’t mind cosmetic imperfections.
- Multiple instruments for sale: Learn something new on a budget. Our pre-owned inventory is always changing.
- Grow with your skills: Secondhand instruments are a great option if your children are young and still growing. Kids will be kids!
- Playable condition: StringWorks only sells violin family instruments that are in great playing condition, setup for optimum performance.
- One-of-a-kind instruments: Some pre-owned instruments have custom work done by a previous owner.
- Quality selections: Every trade-in or consignment receives a new setup with new strings. Instruments hold their value if you take care of them. Make a purchase and potentially trade in your instrument later.
Get High-Quality Used Instruments From StringWorks
When you buy used violins, violas and cellos from StringWorks, you're getting instruments that are tested and inspected by world-class players and luthiers. All our pre-owned offerings are hand-selected by the best in the industry.
At StringWorks, we have 100% confidence in our secondhand instruments. Our luthiers will complete The StringWorks Setup™ on the pre-owned violin, viola or cello you select for an excellent playing experience. We provide each instrument, whether it's a beginner level or a pre-professional model, with the highest quality setup. This is just one way we stand out from other violin shops.
We Treat You Like Our Musical Family
Customer service is at the core of StringWorks' mission. We'll make sure you get an instrument that helps express your musical goals. Call us with questions about any pre-owned listing, and we're happy to assist. We know most of our repeat customers by name!
Buying used violins, violas and cellos should be exciting. To help you feel confident in your decision, we provide you with a 14-day in-home trial. If you change your mind about your secondhand instrument, you can still return it to us.
StringWorks Sells Secondhand Instruments for All Experience Levels
We encourage musicians to check back to our pre-owned store for incredible deals. Our site showcases used instruments for beginners, as well as advanced players depending on what we have in stock. We often feature beautiful heirlooms we’ve restored, or other gems on consignment. Visit our collections page to find additional products for your investment.
The best way to stay up to date with our secondhand violin collection is to join our mailing list. We'll send you information about instrument availability and recent trade-ins through our newsletter.
Contact Us for Details About Pre-Owned Violins and Cellos
See an instrument you like? Call the experts at StringWorks by dialing 630-454-5714 for more information. You can also contact us online about a specific pre-owned instrument, and we'll get back to you.